Oh God My God

I need Thee more than ever. I need Thee like I need my dad who has been with You on the other side for what seems a very long time. Is that what it's really like? Us here, You on the other side of the vale with all those who've died and accepted salvation. They can actually see and hear Thee and walk with Thy Son and visit with loved ones who have also passed on? Can they see us? Is it like this world, the world to come? Will I remember here when I am there or is it starting over fresh and new like when I came into this world? When Karen left here to go there so long ago I was so young. The truth was so ease to believe back then. The answers You whispered to me were so easy to hear. When Carol left here to go there not so long ago I didn't even think to ask. Of course she was there with You and them. Of course that's where she'd go. She would make it so. Is that how it will be with me? If that's what I want to see. Thee will make it be for me. Oh God, my God, so great art Thou. To be with me now as I contemplate. Here with me now as I tempt my fate. Soften my heart as I anticipate what comes next. Prompting my thoughts, feeding my imagination, joining me in contemplation, answering my questions with questions, rebuffing me without rejection. Yes, I know, this life may be it. This here, this now might be all we get. If that is the case I've no complaints, no regret. Grateful am I to not have the answers yet. This life is worth while, a joy, and a challenge. Another tomorrow looks like I will get. Yesterday's troubles I will soon forget. The future will take care of itself that's for sure. Nearness to Thee is my cure. Love for Thee my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing. Thy presence is my shelter in this world and the world to come. You are a good friend to me. Thy art all knowing and all wise. Bless me while I sleep tonight. Bless me in the morning light. Bless me while I work all day. Bless me with the words to say. To worship Thee and praise Thee, to know Thee and honor Thee. I testify at this moment to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth. There is none other God but Thee. The help in peril. The self subsisting. In Jesus' name and Glory of the Father I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I bare witness…

Example of Convocational Pray by Anderson Keith of Keythink Keynote Speaking

A Prayer for Strength, Wisdom, and Courage to Abide in Your Will