I believe

The previous post was written a month ago. Recently I had another discussion with another friend who believes we are carbon based creatures made by evolution and there is no God. He believes there is no Heaven. No afterlife. That when you die, that's it, end of story.Thank You God for allowing me to no longer feel obligated to convince people you exist. So grateful for Thy Love. So blessed by Thy Grace. I testify at this moment that there is none other God, but Thee. Arthur of freedom. The giver of natural laws. Thank You for believing in me. After this discussion I thought of the many things we shared and what it was I was really trying to say. My friend said, "If I'm wrong, when I see you in Heaven, you can tell me I told you so. If your wrong it won't matter anyways because we'll be dead." I am not so sure. I said something to the effect that I believed we were here to strengthen our spiritual abilities like, the ability to love and be loved, creativity, faith, worship, mindfulness, empathy, passion, and the like  because those are the things we will take with us into the afterlife. Since then I have contemplated and meditated on this discussion and this prayer is the result and an articulation of the idea it planted. We are here to build our Heaven. That what we are able to envision as our afterlife is what Thee intends to give us. If I was to believe there is nothing after death, then that is what I will find. If I believe in Thee. If I love Thee now I will Love Thee then. I will be in Love. I will be with Thee as I am with You now. Thank You for Thy presence in my life. Help me be present. Help me be mindful. Help me know the truth. Help me know Thy Will. Grant me a good nights sleep. Grant me rest. Bless me with strength, wisdom and knowledge of Thee. I pray in the name of a Thy Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I bare witness…

Example of Convocational Pray by Anderson Keith of Keythink Keynote Speaking

A Prayer for Strength, Wisdom, and Courage to Abide in Your Will