I Thank Thee

In the land of dreams, I thank Thee, it seems,

For every joy that in my heart beams.

I thank Thee for my dear wife,

For her love, the light of my life.


With daughters and dogs, my heart swells,

In their laughter, all goodness dwells.

For my job, for health so fine,

I thank Thee, dear Lord, for making them mine.


Bless me with faith, strong and true,

To see the world with eyes anew.

Soft my heart, let love abound,

In daily miracles that surround.


Beauty and love, in every corner they hide,

May I find them, with Thee as my guide.

Grant me wisdom, grant me might,

To follow my heart, in day and night.


Thy presence, always near,

Help me feel, help me hear.

Lead me on, Thy will divine,

In every moment, let Thy light shine.


Grant me rest, in slumber deep,

With thoughts of Thee, my soul to keep.

If in dreams, I find my way,

Take my hand, at break of day.


With love and praise, I sing to Thee,

The only God, eternally.

In peril, Thou art my guide,

Sustainer of all, none beside.


In the Christmas morn, let us rejoice,

In Thy Son's love, lift every voice.

In Jesus' name, I humbly pray,

Guide us through, each night and day.


Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I bare witness…

Dear Heavenly Father

Father in Heaven