Dear God

Thank you for the parakeet you sent into my life back in 1992, I've thought about the moment it flew down next to me as I sat on the curb behind Margarita Maggie's three times today. The first was this morning. I must have dreamed about it. 

I guess I never realized how much I needed you back then, but as I try and really remember that moment I can actually feel the loneliness and despair that overwhelmed my life that year. The night I caught that bird my girlfriend would bring me a cage so I wouldn't have to bring it home in a beer box. My roommate thought our dog would kill it and asked me to keep it in my room. Sam actually liked to sit on my bed a watch it. When it would tweet he would tilt his head. He loved that bird. Not long after my roommate would tell me he's moving out. He said I should probably just keep the dog as Sam seemed to love me so much. A few months later my girlfriend would break up with me and leave for Europe. My roommate and her would marry about a year after that. My dad would have his second stroke. My mom would tearfully ask me to come to the beach for the summer saying my father listens to no one like he listens to you. So in the Spring of 1993 I moved in with my parents and with me I brought my dog and my bird. Both gifts from You, God, as apparently I didn't pick them. They picked me. My parents loved them. They loved me too. You were always there, weren't You? I could not be further from You in my thoughts and words and behavior and you showered me with love. 

Suzy asked me what I was writing and I told her about my old parakeet that I had been thinking about all day and that I had dreamt about it. She reminded me about the parakeets at the old folks home where Mary had had her dance performance yesterday and I was overwhelmed with the need to call my mom. So I did. Just got off the phone with her. She didn't remember me bringing the parakeet and Sam with me, but that's like 25 years ago. Anyway we had a nice talk. She likes the pictures I sent.

So thank You for the parakeet, and Sam, and Suzy, and Henry and Gracie, and Kayla, and Chloe, and Mary, and Larry and Loubertta, and Tyler, and Emma, and Tucker too. I am blessed and highly favored by You. My immediate family attests to Thy love for me. I love You. I praise You. I worship You. 

Please grant me sleep tonight. Please let me dream and remember. Please send me signs. Speak to me so that I may hear Thy voice. Give me wisdom that I may know Thy Will. Give me strength so that I may do Thee service. Grant me opportunity to do Thy work. Grant me prosperity so I may support my family. I ask in the name of Jesus Christ and in The Glory of God! Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I bare witness…

Example of Convocational Pray by Anderson Keith of Keythink Keynote Speaking

A Prayer for Strength, Wisdom, and Courage to Abide in Your Will