Dear God

Who am I that Thou would answer me. Who am I that my prayers would be heard. Who am I but a spec of dust a  blink in time. Nearly nothing. Meaningless in the big picture. Everything to those few specs and blinks in my life who I would gladly give my life for theirs. 

Nearly a month since I’ve written a prayer here and what is lost other than hope. What is lost? What is my purpose? Do I matter to You? Ancient texts, prophets I have not met, other specs and blinks say it is so, but I ask of Thee do I matter to You? How can I? Why should I? I know that I am not special. Foolish to think I can make any sort of real difference in the world when I can’t seem to take care of myself and family. God please protect them from my incompetence. God please relieve me of my burden. Release me from myself. I give it all to You. My need to know. My desire to be happy. My yearning to know Thee. My desire to make things right. To be just. To be true. To have respect. I know none of this in myself and have lost sight of who I am. I have faith in Thee and none in me. Help me see my why? Help me understand? Help me be a man? I am at the end I of my rope. Take me know or send me hope. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I bare witness…

Example of Convocational Pray by Anderson Keith of Keythink Keynote Speaking

A Prayer for Strength, Wisdom, and Courage to Abide in Your Will